DESIGN WITH A PURPOSE
The winner of two coveted tall building awards, Doha Tower is a striking example of visually stunning, yet functional design.
With skyscrapers sprouting up all over the world, constructing a landmark that stands out is challenging. This is especially true along the shoreline of Doha in Qatar, home to numerous impressive high rises. From the onset, the owner of the tower, H.E. Sheikh Saoud Bin Mohammed Bin Ali Al Thani, wanted to make a bold statement, combining advanced technology and engineering with breathtaking cultural design. At their annual awards ceremony, the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) recognized Doha Tower as both the 2012 Best Tall Building Middle East and Africa and as the Best Tall Building Worldwide. The innovation, cultural significance and environmentally responsible design of the building were cited as key determining factors. The most overwhelming aspect of Doha Tower is unquestionably its visual appearance. French architect Jean Nouvel captured both a modern and classic arabesque context in the elegantly domed tower.
- Completed: 2012
- Height: 238 m
- Floors: 46
- Architect: Ateliers Jean Nouvel
- Building owner: H.E. Sheikh Saoud Bin Mohammed Bin Ali Al Thani
- Owner’s representative: Mr. Hassan Al Duhaimi
- Developer: Hamad Bin Saoud Trading and Contracting Co.
- Contractor: China State Construction Engineering Corporation
- 17 KONE MiniSpace™ elevators
- 3 KONE MonoSpace® Special elevators
- 1 KONE TranSys™ freight elevator
- 5 hydraulic elevators
- KONE Destination control system
- KONE E-Link™ monitoring system
- KONE Care™ Maintenance Service