THE LEGEND LIVES ON IN MANHATTAN
When Madison Square Garden calls itself “The World’s Most Famous Arena”, few disagree. It has a rich history of hosting nearly every major name in music, all-star athletes, national political conventions, and numerous world-famous shows and events.
The indoor arena has been in its present location since 1968 and is currently home to two major New York sports teams. After years of high traffic use, the arena was in need of a major transformation to meet the expectations of today’s spectators.
- Completed: 2013
- Capacity: 18,000
- Building owner: The Madison Square Garden Company
- Developer: Van Deusen Associates
- Architect: Brisbin Brook Breynon Architects
- Contractor: Turner Construction Company
- 45 KONE Eco3000™ escalators
- 3 KONE Ecomod™ escalators
- 5 hydraulic elevators
- 12 elevators modernized
- KONE Care™ Maintenance Service