LIFELINE OF MADRID
When a relationship lasts 15 years, the chemistry must be right. KONE’s partnership with Metro de Madrid assures a smooth ride for three million daily commuters in the Spanish capital.
Opened in 1919, Metro de Madrid keeps the city on track, serving 47 million commuters every month, from six in the morning until 1:30 at night. Covering 293 kilometers and 300 stations, the subway is the eighth longest in the world, and its rapid expansion over the past two decades places it among the world’s fastest-growing rail networks.
- Year of completion: 2007; maintenance ongoing
- Flow: 3 million passengers daily
- Coverage: 13 lines, serving 300 stations
- Owner: Metro de Madrid
- Property manager: Metro de Madrid
- 334 new KONE escalators; KONE maintains 174 escalators in total for Metro de Madrid.
- 122 new KONE elevators; KONE maintains 355 elevators in total for Metro de Madrid
- KONE Care™ Maintenance Service